 Robotics / 24617
Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:07:30 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Andrew Meyer wrote:
(snip)
From what I have pieced together, the brick
was astounding: RF comm, three sensor ports,
Yes, but passive only. No light sensor or rotation sensor (but indeed encoders
on internal motors)

three motor ports,
No, only one.

two onboard motors with opto-encoders for positioning/speed control,
Yes, and indeed this combo is great. But of course the motors are in fixed place
- not very modular.
Better than Spybot on modularity anyway thanks to external motor port and
sensors.

and more memory/faster processor than the RCX.
I don't know about speed, but memory is really TINY (+/- 512 bytes!)

Philo