 Robotics / 24593
Re: Mindstorms on Slashdot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:12:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, danny staple <orionrobots@gmail.com> wrote:

I would love Lego to actually leave behind all of their movie tie ins.

I like the tie-ins, except "Harry Pooper". Star Wars has made Lego "cool" in
some quarters. They're a great reason for people who already have sufficent Lego
to buy more. They just need better tie-ins. "The Matrix" Lego would have been
cool.

I would have loved a proper mindstorms/pneumatics Lego set.

Me too.

I think a business approach that can never fail is to take a popular product ie
"Mindstorms" and just re-invest some of the profits to develop the basic idea,
eg, an improved RCX every five years or so. Just keeping up with current trends
ie blue tooth (or better). And in between add a few new sensors to the range. A
cool programming environment (think bricxcc) but done by Lego and an online
forum would be the icing on the cake.

Steve