 Robotics / 19676
Re: "real" LEGO Hovercraft ? (with/without batteries/RCX "onboard")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:19:13 GMT

"Jim Choate" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, pixel wrote:

but wher is the fun?

You'll have to answer that for yourself. A lot of what I find fun would
probably bore/scare most to death... <cut>

no comments
man! i've been asking rhetotical :))))
i've got fun experimenting even if i know they lead to nowhere

my skirt has been done as a cut of the sphere
the same shapa as the tunnel has to hav (i think)
so it was a middle part of sphere without upper and lower domes
that's why i said "a little bit hard to do it" :))

Last time I checked a sphere didn't have a 'middle' per se. The piece
you're talking about is a rubber sheet toroid. Also, there is a specific
term for the 'upper and lower domes'...;)

what is with your sense of humor
you have really sharp tongue :)))
that's ok but i thought we are playing here
this is not a real school :))
i like your comments...

The show stopper for using a CD is that it has zero aerodynamics. Flat
plates don't move air well, most especially at high speed (there's that v
again...).

in my former posts i said that the cd has to have cuts leading by chords and
has to be bent

Also, they're not my formula. They come straight out of any physics book.

yeah i know that
i have them in my books too but as i said
the fun (for me) is discovering america again

i've been trying 12V
and read somewhere that 18V quadruple torque!

That would depend on the motor design I suspect.

yes but it ussually works

the answer is: you stole whole fun from this issue :((((
and now - me too :(((((((((((((

-You- asked, be carefull for what you ask. You might get it.

that is really good answer :)

but my dear adversary :)
look at my next post on this group
everything wiil be clear