 Robotics / 19646
RE: "real" LEGO Hovercraft ? (with/without batteries/RCX "onboard")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:35:13 GMT

While doing my initial searches to check if this could be done, I found
this:

http://www.lego.com/build/features/mbuilder/madsen/default.asp

Take a look at this:

"What is the coolest model you have ever built?
Apart from the destroyer I mentioned above, I think that the coolest models
I have made are the AT-AT™, a Super Car #8448 with an RCX inside, and a
Hovercraft that really flies! Also, some of the other models from the Dark
Side Developer Kit (#9754)."

WOW! "a Hovercraft that really flies!" YEAH! ...now, if only LEGO could
release it as a set ;) ...or more realistically (price), as an "add-on"
kit/pack with only the custom parts necessary to do it (a bit like the
pneumatic pack or mindstorms expansion kit)

Hans Madsen could at least release some photos, specs or describe what kind
of "cheats" he used so it could "fly".

mc. :)