 Robotics / 19656
Re: "real" LEGO Hovercraft ? (with/without batteries/RCX "onboard")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:35:41 GMT

Jim Choate wrote:

Take a look at some of these micro motors that are being used in the new
mini-RC cars. You can buy a whole car kit, radio, and controller for about
$75US.

The micro cars (the ones about an inch long) are down to $30 -
including two channel RC and battery charger.

However, the motors aren't all that powerful.

I read somewhere that the motors they are using are from the
'vibrators' inside pagers and cellphones.  I can't imagine those
being very powerful.  Their main design goal was small size and low
battery consumption.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net