 Robotics / 19667
Re: "real" LEGO Hovercraft ? (with/without batteries/RCX "onboard")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:23:10 GMT

Marco Correia wrote:

When I was about to give up, after some tests with a non-LEGO propeller and
*without* a "skirt", I saw this interview of LEGO Master Builder Hans Madsen
(http://www.lego.com/build/features/mbuilder/madsen/default.asp) where he
says he made one (I assume) *LEGO* "Hovercraft that really flies":

So is Hans Madsen on this list?

I'm always skeptical of things that are just throwaway lines like
that...was this pure lego?  How much cheating was involved?

There was a couple of photos of a lego helocopter that could
really fly on the list a few days ago...I don't think anyone
truly believes that it wasn't faked in some way.

You need proof - still photo's of the mechanisms taken up close.

Just like any scientific claim, it's not gonna be believed until
someone can reproduce it - and "Extraordinary claims require
extraordinary proof".

If only we could see some photos or specs of it...

Yes - exactly.
HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net