 Robotics / 19610
19609  |  19611
Subject:
"real" LEGO Hovercraft ? (with/without batteries/RCX "onboard")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:45:32 GMT

Ok, so we have the 4, 3 and 2 (LegWay :) wheel bots...
and the 8, 6, 3, 2, 1(?) leg BOTs.

...but, what about a 0 (zero) Wheel / Leg Bot ?

Ok, there's the pseudo-flying bots :)) but, apart from some trials with
blimps (helium balloons?) and pseudo-Helicopters and drawings for
delta-wings solutions... is there a Hovercraft-type solution ?

Questions:

1) Has anyone done / tried this ?

2) Is there a LEGO-only solution to this ?
(the "rubber" around to trap the air flow underneath doesn't count.)
Even if all the Batteries and/or the controlling unit (be it an RCX or the
radio receiver from RC Buggy) not onboard.

3) Is there a LEGO-only way to generate enough air flow (pressure) ?

One solution to "trap" the air underneath the unit is to build a LEGO
framework (as light as possible) and then use plastic film (that used to
keep vegetables fresh etc) to create something like the bottom of an
hovercraft.

...I'm going to make some tests at home, but I don't think it'll work. But
at least I tried :)

mc.