 Robotics / 19666
Re: "real" LEGO Hovercraft ? (with/without batteries/RCX "onboard")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:31:13 GMT

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Steve Baker wrote:

The micro cars (the ones about an inch long) are down to $30 -
including two channel RC and battery charger.

However, the motors aren't all that powerful.

I read somewhere that the motors they are using are from the
'vibrators' inside pagers and cellphones.  I can't imagine those
being very powerful.  Their main design goal was small size and low
battery consumption.

We aren't interested in power, we're interested in moving a volume of air.

They are very fast, high rpm. Trade off rpm with suitable gearing. You may
need two or more (which is why small may be better).

I've never used them myself except for nervous network sorts of stuff. It
was meant as a suggestion.

If they don't work you've still got a nifty little toy car to drive around
;)

    We don't see things as they are,                      ravage@ssz.com
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  jchoate@open-forge.org