Re: NELUG Brickwars 04/01/00 pics are up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:28:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, James J. Trobaugh writes:
I keep hear talk about these kinds of games, but I guess I'm not "hip"
enough to understand them. How do they work?

Well, the mechanics and rules can be found online at:

http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm

In a more general level, the game is a wargame played by two or more players.
You build armies of minifigs and vehicles, and use the rules to have them blow
each other up, and create other mass carnage. :D

It really is quite a bit of fun, IMHO.

Big thanks, as ever, go out to Mike Rayhawk, who took the original Lego Wars
and expanded it into BrikWars, and has diligently kept it up and expanded it
over the years.  My Friend Neil- not a Lego friend, but a gaming friend- and I
were discussing BrikWars after the event and were amazed at how simple yet
customizable the system is, and how of all the battle sims we've played (and
that is quite a few), BrikWars is by far the most rewarding.

eric