Re: Another Point to Ponder ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 19:58:33 GMT

HA!  lolololol - I kill me!  This was supposed to go just to Mike, not to the whole
newsgroup.  Oh, woe is me and my pitiful little plans for miniworld domination!  Might
as well plaster my battle plans on a bulletin board before the next meeting ;)  The
best laid plans of minifigs and men ...

Anyways, in reading Eric's reply, I think he has a very convincing argument.  In
retrospect, I'm almost partial to saying that spacepilots are trained to pilot things,
and that is the natural order of the world.  Spaceheroes are trained to run around and
increase the overall havoc on foot, and that too is the natural order of things.  The
two shouldn't mix ... ahh, so the little buggers can't hit anything ... hopefully that
works both ways :)  Of course, if the group wanted to allow SpaceHeroes to pilot
vehicles and move and shoot in the same turn ala their stupendous feats, that would
also be very cool too ... whatever the group decides via consensus, I'll abide by with
my fist shaking beligerently  in the air.

As a side note, these discussions are in this group because of their bearing to the
NELUG events - however, I was just curious if they were more appropriate for another
forum more specifically geared towards the game?  As in, lugnet.fun.gaming, where
others around the globe might have thoughts on the rules as well?  Or should we push
Todd for a lugnet.plastic-mayhem.brikwars_and_other_assorted_quasiviolent_outlets
subgroup?  On the other hand, they are being discussed here due to their relevance to
the local events - grrrrr, so... overwhelming ...

shaun