Re: Another Point to Ponder ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:40:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Hi Mike,

As one of the NELUG Brikwars-Fanatics, I wanted to pose a question to you, as • the
keeper of all knowledge arcane and sacred regarding the game.  Actually, I
just wanted to get your thoughts on an  interpretation of the rules.

Here's the situation - I have an armed "flying suit", if you will, which can
zip handily around at high velocities and basically act like a moquito on
amphetamines.  We're talking a small suit (which can be seen worn by the
Darth-Maul trooper in the lower-right-hand corner of this picture:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2867), hardly larger than the
minifig wearing it (it's built and paid for as a small flying vehicle).  What
I suddenly realized I wanted to do was slap a SpaceHero in one of these, in
part due to his high skill roll.  Plus it's kind of cool, the hero in the
small flying suit, etc.

Great minds think alike!  I created on of these mosquito buggers yesterday and
was thinking "man what if I could have a SpaceHero fly this instead of just a
little old pilot.  Not to mention the fact I wanted the SpaceHero carrying a
Death Gun :-).  You should see it its quite commical, basically just a fig with
little wings carrying a huge gun.  I don't think its practical for an actual
game but I might bring it for show anyway and then just give the pilot a more
reasonable gun.

Normally I am a big fan of group concensus, but ideally I'd like to pull this
off sans-public-knowledge for the surprise kick-in-the-pants it might offer
(insert diabolical laugh here)

Kind of like my harmless looking Gonks.  I just wish you had been able to feel
their furry before we had to pick up.  Wahhhahhh!!! Wahha Wahhhaaaahhaaaa!!!

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: