Re: Brik Wars -- answer me!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:06:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Drew Lawrence writes:
Are Brik Wars events limited to NELUG members? (IE, people 18+)

And yes, I read all of the rules -- it doesn't mention this anywhere ..

legomasterluke

This is a pretty broad question although I don't think you meant it that way.

First, Anyone can play Brikwars.  There is no limitations set on who can and
cannot play.

Second (And I think the answer you are looking for), If it is a NELUG sponsored
game of Brikwars then yes you must be over 18 because part of the NELUG Charter
states that to be a member you must be over 18.

Please see our FAQ page for information as to why we are an Adults only group.

http://www.nelug.org/FAQ/

As a group we have had to defend this Membership restriction pretty vigorously.
We have discussed this at length at meetings and have even voted on the matter.
I won't say what the exact votes were or who voted but I will say that the vote
was heavily in favor of keeping this restriction and a majority of members at
the time voted.

This is our only restriction for membership and we intend to stand by it.  I
know that makes us bad guys in some peoples eyes, especially in the eyes of
those under 18, but we created NELUG for a number of reasons and we do not
intend on changing our focus any time soon.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/