Re: NELUG Brickwars 04/01/00 pics are up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 06:53:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
I personally had a great time and I am not much of a gamer.  I got a great • idea
for what I need to do to bolster my forces so that I have a more balanced
force.

One trick I've found that works well in that regard is to pretend you "forgot"
about the 200-pt. limit.

I'll tell you what though, having a more balanced force will help you win and
all that, but a month after the game is over nobody's going to be talking
about who won, they're going to be talking about the guy who went out in a
blaze of glory, crashing his jet through a squad of troops and into a wall...
so to some extent, the more unbalanced and ridiculous your army, the more able
they are to pull off crazy stunts and last-ditch futile gestures, the better.

The other advantage to a badly balanced force (besides glory) in a game with a
lot of players, is that it forces you to cut deals and depend on alliances.
Well, that's not actually an advantage, but it makes the game more
entertaining.

Unless the loser has to buy everybody pizza and a round of drinks when the
game's over, winning just isn't important enough to field a boring army.  So
be careful!  Make sure you keep the right priorities!

Anyay here are some pics that might interest you.  I have not specified any
particular groups for followups so if you respond to this for a particular
reason (i.e. gaming or mech) please set the followups as such.

http://www.nelug.org/bw040100/

These pictures are fantastic!  Are you going to post captions for them?

- Mike Rayhawk

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm