Re: Another Point to Ponder ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:26:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Here's the situation - I have an armed "flying suit", if you will, which can
zip
handily around at high velocities and basically act like a moquito on
amphetamines.

Argh!  Little bastards.

suddenly realized I wanted to do was slap a SpaceHero in one of these, in part
due
to his high skill roll.  Plus it's kind of cool, the hero in the small flying
suit, etc.

Now, what I'm wondering is if this even works.

I can actually answer this one for you, Shaun, because I asked Mike the same
question (I wanted a SpaceHero in my Mech :D).

Basically, anyone can start the game driving a vehicle (like my MEDIC!  HA HA!)
but only a pilot can move *and* fire a vehicle's weapons in the same turn.

Dang.  I deleted the part where you said that you were asking so that you
wouldn't have a diabolical surprise... I wanted to say that I'm not as nice a
guy as you, apparently.

Here's a question, though:  Would we think it was generally OK to have a Hero
burn his Stupendous Feat on piloting and firing in the same turn?  I wouldn't
have a problem with it in theory, but you know how I am about wanted to raise
the value of the standard footsoldier to being worth feilding somehow, and that
makes vehicles even more powerful.  Of course, if we leave the 5 Troops to 1
vehicle ratio house rule in place, it should even out.  That would mean you'd
have to have... what's the ratio on SpaceHeroes?  7?  So you'd have to have 12
Troops to field a single vehicle with a SpaceHero running it.

eric