Subject:
Next Meeting/BrikWars game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:16:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, I would like to get the ball rolling on the date of the next BrikWars
game.  Some of us (Eric, Neil, Shaun, and myself) had tossed around a couple of
ideas, and I think the one that seemed to float the best was the last Saturday
in April, the 29th.  That would have the advantage of letting us use some of
the same great scenery we had in this last game, which will be going into the
window over at The Construction Site just a scant few days later (I think,
actually, the next day).  How does this sound for any interested parties?

We'd also discussed possible alternative places to hold the game.  I am still a
big proponent of investigating a conference room at my (cough cough) alma
mater, Brandeis University.  I had investigated this in the early days of NELUG
and found that the bare bones- a room, no catering, etc- is only $35.  The
thing that makes me feel the best about that is we'll know ahead of time
exactly what we're getting for our $35, how long we're entitled to be there,
etc etc etc.  If this is good for everyone, I can look into it in specificity.

Also, I was wondering if it wasn't time also for a more general meeting.  We
can't depend on Eric K. to schedule them forever! :D  Personally, I'd like to
see us get together in the middle of the month, because I'd love to field any
questions people might have about BrikWars in the hopes of getting some more
people at the next event.  The rules can be kind of intimidating, but I promise
they're nice and simple.  Anyway, does anyone have any sort of idea of a time
and place for another general meeting?  I'd be more than happy to suggest
shopping at The Construction Site followed by a meeting over at Bison County
again.

Anybody have any thought on any of the above?

eric