 Organizations / United States / DixieLUG / 214
Re: LUG & LTC dates of formation update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:25:25 GMT

In lugnet.org, Todd Lehman writes:

In lugnet.org, "Franklin W. Cain" <fwcain@yahoo.com> writes:

Here are the dates for Dixie LUG:
1st meeting of DixieLUG - 22 January 2000
2nd meeting of DixieLUG - 8 April 2000
3rd meeting of DixieLUG - 8 July 2000
4th meeting of DixieLUG - 26 August 2000

OK, so is 22 Jan 2000 the "official" date that your organization
was formed?  Or was that just its first official meeting?

First ever face-to-face meeting.  (...I'm hesitant to use the word
"official", though, in response to some spirited discussion quite
a while ago regarding which term to use: "members" vs. "attendees".
One of the more vigorously defended opinions -- by whom,
I no longer recall -- was that the term "members" would be too
formal and officious, so we agreed to stay informal and relaxed.
Just simple, laid-back Southern behavior.  ;-)

If I'm reading this post correctly...
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/us/ga/?n=54
...DixieLUG came into being on 19 Dec 1999?

OK.  That works for me.

I hope that recollections have been of assistance.  ;-)

Thanks,
Franklin

PS,
In case I've not yet said so, CONGRATULATIONS on y'all's upcoming marriage.