 Organizations / 306
Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 14:42:53 GMT

In lugnet.org, Todd Lehman writes:
I am starting a list of local users group and clubs.  I want it to be as
complete as possible and for the history books (and, aw heck, for charts and
graphs someday) I'd like to include the official dates of formation of each
group/club.

1999-03-05  GMLTC: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)

What date are you looking for here?

If you're looking for the date the 'club' started displaying LEGO trains at
shows, it would be sometime in the mid 1980s.  When most of the group started
getting together?  1993.  When we started having any sort of 'web' presence?
Maybe 1998, or maybe your 1999/03/05 date...

The GMLTC has been called 'the most informal club' because we don't have dues,
or a charter, or even a roster.  We just get together and build.  We're not big
into self promotion, we prefer to let our layout impress people.

Of course our layout is currently being taken apart, so it's only impressive
when you see four or five 32quart containers filled with one color of 2x4
bricks.  Yea, we have a lot of bricks to play with!  And lots of plans for the
next layout...  <grin>

JohnG, GMLTC