 Organizations / 322
Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:01:33 GMT

In lugnet.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
1985
     CWC-CW LEGO Railroad - now GMLTC
"later grew into GMLTC" rather than "now GMLTC"

okie dokie

(?) 1998-09-29
     PNLTC: Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)

I don't know the formation date for sure but I am pretty certain that PNLTC
was around when I first started hacking around with LEGO again in late 1997.

Their website has pictures from a show they did in October 1997.

http://www.pnltc.org/Gal_GATS_PDX97.html

OK, I changed the date there to say "(?) 1997-10?" for now.

1999-01-28
     GMLTC: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.)
I'd change this to something like "the minnesota gang gets prodded into
picking a name" or similar to reflect the informality, because the way it
reads now, it implies this is the formation date. It's not. It's more of a
formalization date than a formation date.

Hmm.

--Todd