 Organizations / 323
Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:01:30 GMT

PNLTC 'organized' or, rather, met under the name in June 1997 so that
applications could be submitted for the Sept. and Oct. GATS venues.  We also
started building tables at that time.  Initial activity and pics were
graciously posted by Ben on his personal website.

Our first meeting was at Ben's place in Portland on a hot August Saturday.
Steve, Ben and I setup a small layout to test the dropped Kid's RailRoad (name
later adopted from Will Chapman) and a few special modules.  Originally 3
members now almost 30.  :)

thx for your efforts to compile this, Todd.

dan parker "temp historian by default"
PNLTC