 Organizations / 320
Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:29:18 GMT

In lugnet.org, Eric Kingsley writes:
<snip>
1999-07-16  NELUG: New England LEGO Users Group (U.S.A.)

While 1999-07-16 is the first mention of the name NELUG I think we have
decided that 1999-08-10 is probably more appropriate for an anniversary
date as that was the date of our first meeting (Ideas coming together).
See here.
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/nelug/?n=349

Ah yes -- splendid!

You are correct with the first mention of the name though so if thats what
you want to go with please feel free.

If at all possible, I wanna list what each group feels/defines is its official
birthdate.  Date of first mention is a reasonable approximator, but just that.
:-)

Here's the updated table:

   http://news.lugnet.com/org/dates

--Todd