Subject:
NELUG 1st Anniversary Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 13:46:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

OK this is a bit early but I thought if we got talking early maybe we could
have a good sized meeting in recognition of NELUG's first anniversary.  First
we have to decide on approximately when NELUG was formed.

Here are a few posts from our early evolution that could be considered
milestones in our development into the rag-tag group we have become :-).

July 16
Todd Lehman got the ball rolling...
http://www.lugnet.com/trains/org/?n=75

July 16
Chris Phillips coined the NELUG name...
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/?n=16

Aug 7
The www.nelug.org domain name was registered...
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/?n=50

Aug 10
We held our first meeting...
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/?n=45

I guess I am somewhat partial to August 10th.  To me a physical meeting means a
lot more than talk and a web site so thats my vote.  If any of you feal
differently or like a different date all together let us know so we can
consider it.

Anyway I thought we could do something to celebrate this occasion (like we need
excusses to get together :-).  We could do something as simple as meet at Bison
County for a beer/toast or we could do something bigger.  I was thinking of
possibly a cookout of some kind.  I have a grill and a fairly big yard so I can
offer that up pending my wifes approval.  I would not be able to feed everyone
so I could suggest a BYOF & BYOB and I will supply a grill for anyone that
wants to cook a burger or something.

So if that sounds interesting I can talk with my wife about setting a date and
we can go from there.

LMKWYT

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group