 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 9
8  |  10
Subject:
Building rats and other bizarre LEGO phenomena
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:13:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Allan Bedford wrote:
   In lugnet.org.ca.obb, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

   I look forward to having our group grow.

I think your long-term vision is fantastic. Much more than I had in mind just trying to pull together the first Hobby Show booth in 2003.

Thanks Allan.

   For now, this is a call out to all those talented or creative... we are in need of a LOGO!

How about an image showing a Janey minifig building micros for a Jason minifig?

Hey, he is supposed to be MY building rat, not the other way around!

He is... granted. But I thought the real truth was that you actually do most of the building that he takes credit for. At least that’s what you told me. :)

   By the time Im done with you, you will have a complete set of Lego “take one” arrows to rival...

my bricks of a many colour,

and Daves cars of a many colour.

Sadly.... I have just the kind of obsessive personality that might end up making arrows in as many colors as possible. D’oh! Now look what idea you’ve planted in my head. Thanks a lot!!

For those who want in on the joke... here’s the deal. Before the Hobby Show exhibit this year I painstakingly built a replica of an arrow out of red bricks, to place above a tray filled with flyers for the public to take. In other words, the arrow was pointing down at the flyers.

Janey, who simply didn’t repect how much time and effort went into my red arrow, went out and purposefully bought red table cloths to put on our tables. When you viewed the arrow from behind the booth you were seeing it against the background of the concrete floor. However, when you looked at it from the point of view of the public the arrow almost disappeared into the red background of the table cloths.

Janey, who remember didn’t respect my work to begin with, also didn’t believe me when I told her that I would have to go home the first night and rebuild my arrow in a different color. Until.... she went out to the front of the booth. “Oh yeah, that does blend in.”

And thus was born an arrow of a different color:

And now you know the rest of the story.

All joking aside, without Janey we wouldn’t have had table cloths at all, so it was great to have them no matter how badly they clashed with my original arrow design. ;)

AB