 Administrative / General / 13754
Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:46:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:

   Will there eventually be an ability to zoom in further? It would be nice to be able to make out the locations easier at a regional level.

The day I started with the new maps and when I designed the pictures, I wasn’t aware of the large number of LUGs, MUGs and LTCs. I thougt it would result in a similar number as on the old maps. Hindsight is 20/20. Added to the Suggestion List: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/List

Perhaps use the Google Maps interface? I know it’s possible to place arbitrary pointers on it (with a popout for more details, websites, etc). Should make it easier to update too, as the data then just becomes an XML file.

Dan