 Administrative / Suggestions / 1450
Re: New LUGMap for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 01:11:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:

PS: Please consider to set FUT lugnet.admin if it has to do with error reporting and such things. Thank you!

I’m not sure if this is an error, but:

http://www.jlug.net/ Journeymen Lego User Group

which is out of Canada is not showing up that I noticed. :-)

Is JLUG actually an in person LUG? I thought it was more of an online community, akin to Classic-Space, BZPower, FBTB, etc. The two admins, Janey and Ross, and in Canada and Australia respectively, and the membership is from accross the globe.

-Lenny

Hi Lenny,

thank you very much for the explanation, I thought the same. That’s why also Eurobricks, LUGNET itself and other Community Sites are missing on the maps.

Leg Godt! Rene

Actually, for clarity sake, it is both an online community and a real LUG, in fact, a number of times, 3 up to 8 of the members have participated live with each other in displays and competitions. That is more than some LUGs can say.

Having said that, there are two reasons I do think it should be left off of the map. I do not think Lugnet is the best place to “advertise” a place like JLUG (due to the fact that it does not fall under family values like Lugnet tries to convey), and also, its online presence like other forums is its primary goal.

On the other hand, I would like to request that the OBB (Ontario Brick Builders) which is a replacement for Can-Bricks (although never added to Lugnet), as an official LUG in Ontario. We have unofficially done 4 public shows, and we are in the process of doing things like designing our own logo, hopefully a webpage, etc... Currently it has members from ParLUGment, rtlToronto, JLUG, and non-LUG members as well, and is certainly open to all Ontarians.

If it is possible for you to add the OBB Rene, not only on the map, but also as a group, I would like to take curatorship of it. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely, Janey “Red Brick”