 Off-Topic / Debate / 26591
Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:05:43 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Samarth Moray wrote:

   I’ll be interested to learn where your sense of journalistic outrage leads you.

Well, youre gonna have to choose another topic, I can’t lie and say I’m from the US, because I’m Indian. I’d rather not comment on matters I have partial/incomplete knowledge of in the first place; that’d be asking for trouble. So I’ll be diplomatic and not comment on this one. And indeed, if I *did* comment, I’d be hijacking this thread.

Hey, you’re not one of those non-native speakers of English, are you? Jeez, I wish you guys would wear distinctive hats, or something, so that we can tell you from those of us lucky enough to live under the Annointed Rule of the His Mighty Righteousness George W. Bush.

I’ve said it before, and I’m apparently inclined to say it again: so many non-native speakers of English on LUGNET (and in the world, I’d guess) speak/write much better than most of my American-born coworkers.

Anyway, I still think that the article is close to irrelevant, since it’s a small opinion piece in a college newspaper (even if it does turn out to be serious).

Dave!

English is an official language of India, has been for many, many years. That’s ‘native’, as in ‘native speaker’ But, I aside from the minor nitpick, I agree 100%!

Tim (Smith)