 MediaWatch / 1725
Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 05:51:33 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Erik Olson wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Erik Olson wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Rob Antonishen wrote:
   Published in the DoG Street Journal, a student paper at the College of William and Mary:

http://www.dogstreetjournal.com/story/2282

This is a humor piece, right?

lol-- the ultimate smack critique:-)

I weep for the future.

I meant, it would not be out of place in The Onion. Headlines: “Lego Minifigs Aryan Yellow! Spoon Violence Follows Knife Ban!”

Except that those headlines are funny. This piece is pathetic.

The bottom line is that the quality of writing and thinking displayed in this paper is worthy of a 12 year old, satire or no. William & Mary? Pleh. I weep.

JOHN