 MediaWatch / 1711
Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:19:29 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Steven D. Weiser wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Erik Olson wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Rob Antonishen wrote:
   Published in the DoG Street Journal, a student paper at the College of William and Mary:

http://www.dogstreetjournal.com/story/2282

This is a humor piece, right?

lol-- the ultimate smack critique:-)

I weep for the future.

JOHN

I suggest every single fan send them an email. I just did.

What a bunch of kooks.

Steven Weiser

Here is the email I sent to the boneheads.

Steven Weiser

Subj: Boycott Lego Date: 1/25/2005 11:09:16 AM Eastern Standard Time From: WsrSteven To: letters@dogstreetjournal.com

First, there is no plural for Lego.

Second, are you people thinking with a full deck?

The entire purpose for the yellow minifig heads was so that no one race was represented. Where the hell did you come up with the name “aryan yellow”? If they all had white skin and blonde hair, and blue eyes, then I would question this. The new colored heads represent real people or ficticious characters from the movies.

I am Jewish and proud of it, 42 years of age, and I still play with Lego.

And yes, I have met plenty of people of all races who also play with Lego with no thoughts that the company is racist.

Never for one moment did I ever think that the Lego Company was racist.

You need to get your heads out of your asses. I’m sick and tired of all this “political correct” BS.

Steven D. Weiser