 Off-Topic / Debate / 26595
Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 05:04:29 GMT

   Hey, you’re not one of those non-native speakers of English, are you? Jeez,

No, I’m 100%, born, bred, living Asian Indian (to distinguish from Native American tribes)

   I wish you guys would wear distinctive hats

Wouldn’t that be discrimination? ;-)

   Anyway, I still think that the article is close to irrelevant, since it’s a small opinion piece in a college newspaper (even if it does turn out to be serious).

Serious or not, irrelevent or not, the fact is that people will read it and their general impressions about lego (or ‘legos’) will be tarnished. Unless of course, they are smart enough and can see through the inconsistencies that were pointed out in this thread.

Legoswami Samarth