 Local / Australia / 4140
Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 04:29:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
Of course the independent toy stores' claim to fame (eg.Toyworlds) is that
they can order individual sets in for customers, but of course at RRP.

I went through an extraordinary amount of hassle ordering 5975 through
Toyworld last year, most of the problem was apparently Lego rather than the
store.  It was supposed to take 2 weeks, it was more like 10, and then it
was priced about $5-$10 over RRP (but I can live with that).  I think it
comes back to "regional" areas of Australia being less important in Lego's
stock distribution than say Sydney or Melbourne.  Another limitation is that
there was in this case a minimum number that they could order, around 6 I
think (and it was included in a "normal" Lego shipment) .  Had it been a
more expensive set (say a Technic Power Puller, for example) they wouldn't
have done that.

Hmmm...I have never put TW to the test myself. The above was usually their
response when I asked if they had 'any' Lego. Note: this was always outside
the metropolitan area of Sydney.

Regional Lugnetters should look to the capital city Lugnetters for spotting
good deals and helping out.

So long as it's not a "regional" capital city :)
I keep putting "regional" in quotes as Hobart is not a regional area, least
ways the Federal government does not consider us so but for all practical
purposes we are.  I still think it is funny that Canberra is considered
"regional NSW", I wonder if they've got Lego stock problems there too?
(Rachel, Ian?) :)

Maybe I should have said capital cities with a population over 1 million ;^)

Out of interest, what is the population of Hobart and Canberra ?

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>