 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1577
Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:37:45 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
(Crossposting to loc.au)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ross Crawford writes:

You've mentioned Europe, and the site now supports several European
countries, but I was wondering what the plans are (if any) for Australia. I
don't know about actual sales, but if Lugnet's anything to go by, last time
I looked, the loc.au traffic was 3rd or 4th. And sales would definitely be
helped by more availability!!

Last I heard they were talking about the second half of 2001.  Are we
really going to have to wait that long?  Any indication from Jake or his
colleagues would be greatly appreciated (please?!!)

(Non) availability must be hurting Lego sales in Australia, I am getting
more and more frustrated that I cannot walk into a local store and buy many
sets that are easily available in some parts of our country and not others,
and seem to be plentiful elsewhere in the world.  Online stores in Australia
have even more limited ranges and are no help.  I know that there are many
fellow Australian Lugnetters who are more than willing to help where they
can, but it's not a simple process, and if I, a raving Lego fan :), am put
off by the lack of availability in my local stores, what's it doing to the
average Mum or Dad consumer?  Where else are they going to go?  Australia
badly needs a Shop at Home service and sooner rather than later.

Deidre (If I ever actually see a Power Puller or a Silver Champion* on a
shelf I'll probably have a heart attack)

Deidre.... there's 2 Silver Champions on the shelf down here in Gosford, at
the Toys R Us store....

* Note that there are quite a few other sets that aren't available here that
should be, these are merely the ones bugging me the most at present...