 Local / Australia / 4135
Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:16:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Definatly the best place I know of to find lego is Toys R Us, do they
have one of those in hobart?

Unfortunately, no.  The closest we get to Toys R Us is using their Toys R Us
Direct service which is a Canberra store, and doesn't ever seem to have much
of a Lego range (well, at least not what I'm after), and can't or isn't
willing to try and get sets from other TRUs. I have personally tried to get
sets from other TRUs by phone (if I know they're there in the first place,
that's where you guys come in and have been most helpful!) and have been
successful precisely once, and that was a lot of effort, several long
distance phone calls to incompetent staff, and when we did get a sale
through they forgot to post the parcel (long story here, excluded).  I did
get it in the end but I won't ever attempt that again!

Oh, bring on Shop At Home (sigh).

They almost always have most of the current
sets (the perth one had just about everything except the falcon,
including the silver champion and power puller)

Myer Hobart (where I usually buy most of my Lego) used to fit this
description, unfortunately it no longer does, mainly becase it's a victim of
the new Lego distribution system (it's that "regional" thing again).  The
demise has only occurred over the last 6 - 12 months.

Deidre (ok, I'll stop whingeing now)
drb@tasmail.com