 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1576
1575  |  1577
Subject:
2001 Creator Max & Tina sets (was: Latest update from LEGO Direct)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:38:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Bryan Kinkel writes:
Can you clarify one thing? Will the Creator sets, seen in the German 2001
catalog at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2690 ,
pages 36-37

Of course the web link <www.lego.com/creator> printed in the catalog is not
yet available. I don't know why TLC keeps promoting web site URLs before
they are active.

On a positive note, I was able to find some of the Creator sets on the web
site. Unfortunately the word "creator" is not in the title or description of
these so you can only search by individual item number, or go to LEGO
Themes, then select Classic to see more. These are listed along with other
classic sets, and yes they are seem to be available worldwide.  Here is  a
(probably incomplete ) list.

<set:4016>
<set:4017>
<set:4018>
Above three are small, like McD promo sets. Come with 2x2 slope
trans-anti-freeze green as a windshield .
<set:4115>
<set:4116>
<set:4117> This bucket set goes with the idea book pictured. Comes with
chrome 2x2x2 cone (new) <part:3942>.
<set:4118>
<set:4119>
<set:4171>
<set:4172>
<set:4173>
<set:4174> Also has chrome <part:3942>
<set:4175>
<set:4176>
<set:4177>

If they are reasonably priced they may be good for parts. I couldn't check
pricing because I can't get past the country gateway screen for some reason.

Ben Gatrelle
(remove the spam dot from the yellowcastle to reply)