 Local / Australia / 4098
Re: Latest update from LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 00:59:15 GMT

Jason King wrote in message ...
I know what you mean, Stores say a set is out of there price range and that
their customers won't buy the bigger sets..

You know I think when they say that, it's total rubbish!
I've found that the larger sets are almost always the hardest to find. I've
seen a large numbers of smaller sets from discontinued lines like Town
(that's the real cars-have-doors Town), but never ever seen the larger Town
sets from similar years. Are they seriously trying to tell me that people
wouldn't buy Century Skyways, Red Bird Rigs, Royal Kings Castles or Cargo
Railways so they stopped selling them, what a crock.
Even with the '99 lines while there are piles of the medium sets being put
on clearance, the largest sets are already mostly gone, like the RR base and
the Adventurers jungle temple, even the Town Jr. police station, so it's not
true even now!
I think they listen to their customers too much instead of watching what
they buy. I've heard many people complain about the price of the bigger
sets, but frankly, I see them move.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164