 General / 50831
Re: About the term "AFOL"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 12:22:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Christian Treczoks wrote:

But: Who created this term? When? And where?

IIRC:  Todd, Here, a long time ago. YMMV.

Heh, not according to Todd :)

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=2940

Adrian got it right-- Jeff Thompson appears to be the first one who used the
term "Adult Fan Of Lego" on RTL (June 13, 1995), and Matthew Verdier first
brought light to the acronym in reference to Jeff's post (June 14, 1995), which
quickly caught on.

Was Jeff "Nephilim?"  There were giants in the earth in those days.

Wow. June 1995.  I'm a newbie--I only started posting to RTL in January of 1998.

Looks like my first post was in Sep 15 1996, cool.

jt