 People / 4396
Re: About the term "AFOL"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 20:43:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
I personally dislike refering to myself in accronym form.

I used to like it until someone pronounced my initials (DPE) as "Dippy".

Actually (man, this is going off-topic FAST), when I was a wee one of about 7
years old or so, my name betrayed me. My mom was "Moo-Moo". You'd be "Loo-Loo
Hoo-Hoo". Jake Mckee would be "Joo-Joo Moo-Moo". Don't ask why. I was some sort
of demented kid.

The system worked great until I applied it to MY name. "Doo-Doo Poo-Poo Eoo-Eoo"
(pronounced "Ew! Ew!"). Oh yeah. That worked out well.

If forced to use an accronym, I'd use PoLAWEBwLBBa/oBoOB (Persons of Legal
Age Who Enjoy Building with LEGO Building Blocks and/or Blocks of Other
Brands).

Ha! I'm gonna have to try that from now on. I can *almost* pronounce it.
"PO-la-web-wull-BAY-oh-boob". Very classy.

DaveE