 General / 50816
Re: About the term "AFOL"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 15:17:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Hi,

Yes, of course I know _what_ an AFOL is.

But: Who created this term? When? And where?

The r.t.l. FAQ does not mention the term (and I never read it "back
then", IIRC), so it could be newer. Other FAQs only give "AFOL=Adult Fan
Of LEGO".

Any ideas?

Yours, Christian Treczoks

I did some looking around via Google's newsgroup database and found reference to
the term in RTL back in June of 1995.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.toys.lego/browse_thread/thread/4c106513528bd1c/1bde4b2076ed9b90?q=AFOL&rnum=265#1bde4b2076ed9b90

(sorry about the long link)

I also tried searching under "adult fan of lego" and got much the same as above
but I like what I found here-

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.toys.lego/browse_thread/thread/2b8e92d58d977dc6/f5ed9ed42f91c3d1?q=%22adult+fan+of+lego%22&rnum=44#f5ed9ed42f91c3d1

An event in Chicago???

Adr.