 General / 50847
Re: Let's replace "AFOL" with "ALE"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 13:35:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Strout wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote:

All right then.  I hereby propose that we, as a community, try to start using
the term "Adult LEGO Enthusiast" (ALE if you want an acrynom) in place of AFOL.
It's more accurate, sounds less stilted when you say the whole thing, and is
more clearly pronouncable in acronym form.  From my own experience, it will make
a better impression on people who aren't LEGO enthusiasts when we try to explain
about our hobby.

I dislike the term "AFOL" and would gladly support a shift to use "ALE" or
another non-acronym based phrase.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com