 General / 39626
Re: The "return" of Town in 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:27:46 GMT

Benjamin,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I find it interesting that this news
came up.

The fact that Lego has produced a new set of road plates
(http://catalogs.google.com/catalogs?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&issue=15302&catp
age=37&zoom=1) may indeed point to a new town theme offering.

A recent Lego Shop at Home catalog showed the road plates being used with a
combination of Jack Stone & conventional mini-figures. (I could not find the
scan in catalogs.google.com ). I just hope that we don't get an expansion of
the Jack Stone sized products under the "World Town" name.

Shouldn't the 2003 catalog popped up in sets by now? I have seen the leaked
retailer catalog scans, but I'm surprised the 2003 pack in catalog has not
surfaced yet.

Bryan

"Benjamin Whytcross" <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote in message
G'day all,

I'm just back after visiting a LEGO "show" in Melbourne, where I found out
that LEGO WILL be releasing a town style range next year...I don't know if
it will be town Jr. [though I think it may as it was mentioned as "City" • was
returning] but I know it will be released under the theme "World Town".

As far as I can tell there'll be Fire and Police, but unfortunately no • houses.

[Also, as this is what I have been told, obviously there is no way I can
provide pictures :( ]

Anyway, hopefully based on what's been released about other sets for next
year, they'll have gone back to a real town range instead of town jr.

Benjamin Whytcross