 Town / 5512
Re: The "return" of Town in 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:35:42 GMT

I think the simple answer is, 'no'.  What about schools, a library, low-rise
office buildings, churches, and the list goes on.

I suspect that such things appeal more to adults than to kids.

Games like cops-and-robbers or  playing with model cars, planes and fire
engines all pre-date Lego or are successful as non-Lego toys, so it is hardly
surprising that a Lego police station or a Lego fire station is a real winner
as it combines the construction of Lego with traditionally popular children's
themes. Ditto Star Wars Lego and Harry Potter Lego, but with contemporary
popular children's themes.

Houses and shops have some appeal to children for play and toys, think of
doll's houses etc, so again houses and shops can work for Lego.

But what about schools, libraries, and churches? I can't recall ever
play-acting these as a kid, nor do I notice lots of non-Lego toys of this
nature. It might be a realistic goal for an adult to build a real "town" in
Lego, but not one for most children.

Since I've already done a church with grave yards and a memorial wall for
ashes, I figure I am probably ready to do a funeral parlour and a crematorium.
I guess there is a hearse involved but I am not sure that this kind of vehicle
has a lot of play potential for children :-)

Kerry