 Town / 5518
Re: The "return" of Town in 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:57:47 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Simon Bennett writes:
In lugnet.town, Allan Bedford writes:
As I kid I loved construction toys.  The original Expert Builder line
included a crane, a forklift, a bulldozer and a tractor.  While the first
three were interesting to me, I thought the tractor was boring.  Do kids
really like farming toys?  I'm asking because I honestly don't know.
Regards,
Allan B.

Don't let T.J hear you say tractors are boring :-). His articulated one
isn't boring. A tracked articulated tractor would be even better.

That tractor was by a long way my favourite of the first Technical sets.  I
loved the fact that you could build three different tools for the back and I
remember using my Britains farm toys (they used to sell very well so there
certainly was a market in the '70s) as models to build a silage trailer for it.

Psi

I used to have Britains toys as well. I had a Unimog breakdown lorry, two
tractors, One small and one large trailer(with supension the best bit) and a
landrover and a potato harvester. I forget what else I had.

Lego was (and still is) of course my favourite toy. As for inspiration every
week I'd see an 8x4 dustcart empty the wheelie bins at school, lifting them
over the cab to dump in the rear. I built a great one with 24x43 wheel hubs
for the dual rear tyres as I didn't have enough rubber tyres.

Steve