 Town / 5520
Re: The "return" of Town in 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:38:38 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote in message ...
Actually, expense of sets may be getting to be a problem.

Even for adults? Do you feel that the Star Destroyer represents the upper
limit of what adult fans may be willing (or able) to pay in a single shot?

My experience with selling custom kits is that I do *better* with large,
expensive kits. My most expensive kit was the Hospital at $389 and 2400
pieces, and it moved much faster than the cheaper kits I've done. Dan
Siskind's custom kits go well above that range and he doesn't seem to have
much trouble selling them.

Now these are not mass market items, of course, but they certainly show that
the Star Destroyer's price point is not the upper limit.

Kevin
NEW Half-Timbered Shops kit 1400+++ pieces!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-bwh.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1