 Town / 5515
Re: The "return" of Town in 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:38:48 GMT

In lugnet.town, Frank Filz writes:
"Timothy D. Freshly" wrote:

I agree with Alan that a longer list of town buildings would really help
LEGO reach out to more kids.

I agree also, though others are right that kids are mostly looking for
action stuff. Look at other toys. You see a lot of police and fires
stations there also. Though there is one thing which I think would sell,
a farm. A construction site would be another winner. Of course both of
those are action and play oriented.

As I kid I loved construction toys.  The original Expert Builder line
included a crane, a forklift, a bulldozer and a tractor.  While the first
three were interesting to me, I thought the tractor was boring.  Do kids
really like farming toys?  I'm asking because I honestly don't know.

Aren't there other Town buildings that could be exciting though?  What about
the old Coast Guard Rescue Station, or the construction site with the bucket
crane that ran on rails?  Those were 'action packed' weren't they?  Or do
kids need even more than that today?

Regards,
Allan B.