 General / 39627
39626  |  39628
Subject:
Lego makes "Dirty Dozen" of violent toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:02:27 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Los Angeles Times, A22.  Oh, a quick search later, here's the web site:

http://www.lionlamb.org/Dirty_02-03.htm

Galidor "Ooni" is being held up as one of 12 most violent toys and games.  I
gotta do one cut and paste from the site:

"While the Galidor action figures are not nearly as violent as many others,
children may still use them for fantasy fighting."

So one wonders why it should be singled out, but hey, my son and I are
playing Burnout 2, which is also on the list.

They go on to mention the increasing level of Lego-inspired mayhem with the
Star Wars and Bionicle lines (what they think Lego minifigs did with edged
weapons in the Castle line for the last couple of decades is beyond me).

-->Bruce<--