 General / 39650
Re: Lego makes "Dirty Dozen" of violent toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:20:27 GMT

Who picks this list??? Honestly who throws a shoe?  Anyways, notice we got a
Gun Sniper from Zoids on there.  It looks like a skinless robotic wolf with
a straight tail that is a 'gun'.  It hardly looks realistic, and then the
Nerf Zerg?  It's made by Nerf, any kid knows Nerf means, "safe and soft".
There's no harm there.  I like how they emphasize on those "dangerous" toys
and then at the bottom they have Vice City.  Not to bash it, it's my new
favorite game, but it's not for kids.  Nobody said it was.  Of course kids
will buy it, but that doesn't mean they made it for kids.  Next thing you
know they'll say cigarettes are made for kids, oh wait, they say that
already.  But anyways, they put a Galidor fig on there and no WWF?  or GI
Joe?  GI Joe has nothing but guns, and did they finally stop protesting the
violence of pro wrestling?  Dunno, but the list lacks serious credibility.

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Los Angeles Times, A22.  Oh, a quick search later, here's the web site:

http://www.lionlamb.org/Dirty_02-03.htm

Galidor "Ooni" is being held up as one of 12 most violent toys and games.  I
gotta do one cut and paste from the site:

"While the Galidor action figures are not nearly as violent as many others,
children may still use them for fantasy fighting."

So one wonders why it should be singled out, but hey, my son and I are
playing Burnout 2, which is also on the list.

They go on to mention the increasing level of Lego-inspired mayhem with the
Star Wars and Bionicle lines (what they think Lego minifigs did with edged
weapons in the Castle line for the last couple of decades is beyond me).

-->Bruce<--