 General / 39702
Re: Lego makes "Dirty Dozen" of violent toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:43:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

Galidor "Ooni" is being held up as one of 12 most violent toys and games.  I
gotta do one cut and paste from the site:

Every year around this time, morons like these post a "consumer protection
list" of toys/games that are violent and destructive towards the education of
our young. These are the same narrow minded simpletons that successfully got
all Bug Bunny cartoons edited for network television because some kid might
drop an anvil on his friend's head. And now, they are attacking LEGO for
creating a violent action figure? And their Star Wars line?? Give me a break!
The best thing about toys like this is that aside from expanding a childs
imagination beyond the constraints imposed on them in schools, it CLEARLY
defines the Good vs. Evil theme that is embedded throught our religions,
society and psychie. If it were only that easy to identify it in real life.
Perhaps these groups would feel better if LEGO created a new addition to the
City Theme called "Corporate Greed" and created minifigs of corrupt CEO's, Stock
Brokers, Accountants, etc and maybe put out a replica of the Enron/WorldCom
headquarters. Then, kids could play their favorite DA, ATF, FBI agent and
arrest said "bad guys" and send them through the LEGO "Federal Court Building"
Set for due process. I only have one thing to say to people like this: Get a
FREAKIN' life!