 Fun / Gaming / 45
44  |  46
Subject:
Another Point to Ponder ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:50:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Mike,

As one of the NELUG Brikwars-Fanatics, I wanted to pose a question to you, as the
keeper of all knowledge arcane and sacred regarding the game.  Actually, I just
wanted to get your thoughts on an  interpretation of the rules.

Here's the situation - I have an armed "flying suit", if you will, which can zip
handily around at high velocities and basically act like a moquito on
amphetamines.  We're talking a small suit (which can be seen worn by the
Darth-Maul trooper in the lower-right-hand corner of this picture:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2867), hardly larger than the
minifig wearing it (it's built and paid for as a small flying vehicle).  What I
suddenly realized I wanted to do was slap a SpaceHero in one of these, in part due
to his high skill roll.  Plus it's kind of cool, the hero in the small flying
suit, etc.

Now, what I'm wondering is if this even works.  The rules state the each armed
vehicle must start with a spacepilot, but gives the rationale of needing the
pilot's high skill roll to work the guns.  It also says that if the pilot dies,
any trooper can take his spot.  In your esteemed opinion, are any (or all) of the
following legitimate interpretations of the rules:

1)  The SpaceHero, having a high skill roll, may start the game in the flying suit
in lieu of a spacepilot.
       (a)  This spawns the sub-question - should I then have another pilot
hanging around vehicle-less to retain the one-per-vehicle ratio?

2)  The SpacePilot must start the game in his flying suit, but may take his first
movement phase to hop out, and then the SpaceHero may proceed to   enter the suit
at his leisure

3)  The SpacePilot must start the game in his flying suit, and only if he dies
while the suit survives may the SpaceHero strap himself in

4)  Another situation, not conceived of by this loyal fan

I wouldn't hold you to this ("But Mike said so ..."), unless you decreed it
inviolable (which may or may not be heeded anyways ;).  As I said, I was just
looking for your thoughts as to what is Kosher in this situation, and what is
pushing it a little too far ... Normally I am a big fan of group concensus, but
ideally I'd like to pull this off sans-public-knowledge for the surprise
kick-in-the-pants it might offer (insert diabolical laugh here)

Anyways, more pics of the 4/1/00 Brikwars event are being developed as I type, and
will be picked up tomorrow afternoon, hopefully scanned in Friday morning.  We are
already planning another for the end of the month, hopefully with more time at our
disposal.

Thanks for listening to me blather,
shaun