 Events / 969
Re: Florida AFoL Fest? (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:50:57 GMT

Robin Werner wrote:

In lugnet.events, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.events, Eric Sophie wrote:
weekend of Nov 28-30, 2003 (Nov 27 thru Dec 5 max)

It should be noted that is Thanksgiving weekend.

I'd be there -- providing it wasn't on Thanksgiving weekend.

Hey ya, if ever something like that were to happen the dates would have to
chosen carefully, good news is if you have family in Florida you could vacation
for the Holidays to see your relatives and then swing on by the Lego Event and
Party with the other AFoL and show off and see MOCS then Game, then attend a
session or partake in a tournament!

Whooo Hoooo, Turkey Sang-witches and Bricks!

I will actually be in Orlando that week but will be heading back up to Amelia
Island for turkey with the inlaws on the 27th. So I doubt I could turn around
and drive back down for the weekend.

These holidays are tricky, for example Brickfest PDX being on Valentine's day
pretty much makes it out of the question for me. I already felt the wrath of my
NLSO when we did a train show out of town on mother's day weekend and Brickfest
on my daughter's first birthday (Aug. 8th)

jt

What if it was on the weekend of Nov 22-23?

Hmm, that would be harder for me to do :-) That would take 4 vacation
days (fly Friday, take off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday).

Frank