 Events / 930
Re: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:34:39 GMT

In lugnet.events, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.events, Eric Sophie wrote:
It makes alot of sense to have an event at each of the four corners of the USA.
The arrangment we had was perfect. VA, CA, WA. I want the Upper East Coast to
have one too in time. Having one event in each season and corner of the US.

This would mean one fest in each of the Four Seasons. One fest at each of the
four corners of the US. Cool Idea I hope.

Eric,

What corner of the U.S. is VA in? If you really wanted a corner, Atlanta would
be the place, and we have not one but two LEGO stores....of course I'm just
messing with you since there is no way I would put myself though what the
Brickfest committee goes through to put on such an event.

I do like VA for the east coast fest since it seems to fall just about in the
middle of the East coast. I didn't mind driving 9 hours from Atlanta, any
further and I'd have to fly most likely.

jt

Indeed, and just like Christina said, "Don't expect that next year's fest will
be held in Wa. DC , althought that's what they (we) are shooting for."

Having alternatives like the advantages Altlanta has is a good thing to
remember. Plus as a regional goal to have BF occur somewhere on the eastern
seaboard, in keeping with the idea that we have one in Cali., one in Seattle,
one in the east coast, then hopefully have a plan where we have one in ChiTown
or Clevland plus NYC forming 5 points of the USA.

Oh and who can forget our brothers in Canada just so they don't break my shoes.
I'm from Jersey.

Witty replies from RTL Toronto welcome,LOL!, but please try to offer some
constructive opinions and future hopes.

In all seriousness I heard Alan Bedford has some ideas, I'd like to hear them!

thoughts ?

thanks!