 Events / 942
Re: Florida AFoL Fest? (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:24:45 GMT

In lugnet.events, Mike Case wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 01:36:22 GMT, "Robin Werner" <robstormer@cs.com>
wrote:

Jan-Mar: SW corner (continue BricksWest)
Apr-Jun: NE corner (push BrickFest back into June where it started)
Jul-Sep: NW corner (pull NW Brick Con back into September)
Oct-Dec: SE corner (start a new brick con in Orlando)

Funny you should say Oct-Dec for a Florida event, I was thinking the same thing
today at work...

I "may" have access to a free large 2-4 room venue in the Tampa Bay Area the
weekend of Nov 28-30, 2003 (Nov 27 thru Dec 5 max)

It should be noted that is Thanksgiving weekend.

So here is ten thousand dollar question...
[[[[ Who would even think of coming to Florida for an event? ]]]]

I'd be there -- providing it wasn't on Thanksgiving weekend.

I need some names and numbers before I spend time planning or setting up an
event. Maybe it's too late for an event in Florida this year, but Nov 2004 could
work? Who knows, LIC could have pic-a-brick by then:)

Also in a perfect world I see four US events a year with one of the four being
the main event for that year. The other three would be smaller, main event flag
would be past year to year to the other locations.

Let me know what you think?

Robin Werner
GFLUG/GFLTC

Hey ya, if ever something like that were to happen the dates would have to
chosen carefully, good news is if you have family in Florida you could vacation
for the Holidays to see your relatives and then swing on by the Lego Event and
Party with the other AFoL and show off and see MOCS then Game, then attend a
session or partake in a tournament!

Whooo Hoooo, Turkey Sang-witches and Bricks!