 Events / 946
Re: East West Coast, Southern and NW Brick Fest Cons - concerns and hopes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:28:29 GMT

In lugnet.events, Eric Sophie wrote:
The 1/4 of the year event, in and about the NYC area, offers a chance for the
Lego Company as well, because of the close proximity to their offices in
Enfield and possibly NYC (if they stay there long term) to show off world
show type venues like the Zwolle World Show that TLC would like to eventually
have here in the USA somewhere.

     They do maintain two offices in NYC.  The online portion of LD is located
in downtown Manhattan, and the Toy Fair showroom is in midtown.  They kinda have
to rent that space year round so it's available during the TF season (and the
bricks mounted as door-handles and wall sections sorta spoil the space for
stodgy office meetings anyways).  I'm not sure exactly all of what the showroom
gets used for during the other 51 weeks (especially the showroom), but I did
find out that they like to take advantage of the attached private conference
area for business meetings in NYC.